If, like me, you are a human being who shaves his/her/their legs/armpits/pubes/other you should throw out whatever foam, cream or gel you’re using and immediately switch to Olive Oil. I did it about 4 weeks ago and it’s the best and I am never going back and here’s why:
1. It works sooooo well. My legs are so damn smooth you have no idea. I have sensitive skim plagued by eczema and most shaving creams just made it worse. Even if you have normal leg skin, shaving products will dry you out and you’ll need to moisturize afterwards, right? Not if you use olive oil, hunny! Cause guess what, your legs are already so moisturized and slick from your shave.
2. It’s cheaper. A casual perusal of Amazon and Walgreens puts Skintimate shave gel between $.50 and $.98 per oz where as Olive oil is as low as $.34 per oz! Even some of the fancier ones that look like classy perfume only run $.41/oz. And you’re going to use that olive oil for so much else right? Economics!
3. Speaking of economics, in case you haven’t been paying attention, Greece is in a free fall, financially speaking. They got no monies. While their biggest income generator is by far tourism, we can’t all drop everything and head down to Mykonos to work on our tans right now, OK? But you know what we can do? Buy olive oil imported from, you guessed it, Greece.
4. Fuck. The. Woman. Tax. Listen, we’ve known for a while now that identical products (shaving products, deodorant, soap, shampoo etc) are priced higher for women than for men. There’s no reason for this other than things like the patriarchy and because they can (a man is much more likely to forgo purchasing a grooming product altogether because it’s too costly price or buy a cheaper (both in quality and in price) alternative because society doesn’t repeatedly tell him his value is based on his physical appearance). On the one hand, you could just buy men’s products (because they work just as well and cost less) or you can say Fuck You altogether and remove yourself, since most brands separate their products by gender and will get your dime no matter what.
5. You’ll smell like a salad. Ok maybe that’s not a perk but let’s face it, a lot of the shaving products out there (especially the ones for women) include olive extract, essential oils or something similar. You’re already using this stuff – in a weird sciency way I guess, kinda, it’s just been dressed up with colors and scents and aerosol cans (which are not great for the environment). You don’t need all that.
You don’t need to shave your legs either. You’re beautiful and perfect in all your hairy splendor. But if you CHOOSE to shave your legs, as I do, I highly recommend switching to Olive Oil. You probably have some in your kitchen already. If you hate it, you can always go back.